PO Box 36, Hermon 7308
Western Cape, South Africa
Tel.: +27 (0) 22 448 1820
Fax: +27 (0) 22 448 1829
Bartholomeus Klip is unique. There are only five bedrooms in this small hotel,
the original homestead on a large private estate which is both a working wheat
and sheep farm and a nature reserve with a spectacular mountain backdrop.
Here, in this unexplored region only an hour by car from Cape Town's international
airport, you can feel part of the peaceful life of rural South Africa and its
clean crisp air and star-filled night skies.
Klip's 10 000 acre fynbos nature reserve is part of the Cape Floral Kingdom, the
world's smallest, but the richest in species for its size.
are more than 500 head of game
in the nature reserve.
- Maximum of ten guests at a time
- Exceptional food and wine
- 16 000 acre private estate
- Game drives - over 500 head of game
- Fynbos nature reserve
- Farming activities
- Salt-water swimming pool
- Windsurfing, boating and canoeing on the huge dam
- Walking and hiking in the reserve
- Mountain biking
- Conservation projects
- Close to Cape Town and the winelands
Klip's is one of the largest working farms in the Western Cape.